“Happiness, only real when shared.” – Christopher ‘Alexander Supertramp’ McCandless
Just finished watching Into The Wild and it was good and extraordinary, such movie that will give some realizations on life. What the guy in the movie did was really an adventure, a one of a kind soul searching that reaches into the wild. After watching the movie I thought to myself what if I could go on a journey for once like what he did, but in an alternative way. Just go on doing something what you really like without thinking about the rules and society. True life experiences away from the overly materialistic world. Just be FREE.
There are loads of quotable quotes in the movie that I really love.
- “The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.”
- “There is a pleasure in the pathless woods. There is a rapture on the lonely shore. There is society, where none intrudes, by the deep sea, and music in its roar. I love not man the less, but Nature more.”
- “If we admit that human life can be ruled by reason, then all possibility of life is destroyed.”
- “It’s not always necessary to be strong but to feel strong”
- “God’s place is all around us, it is in everything and in anything we can experience. People just need to change the way they look at things.”
How I wish I would be as brave enough as him 😀
I also love its soundtrack by Eddie Vedder. It has a folk sound and astoundingly beautiful.